Inside: Cut and Paste Christmas Tree Activity for Preschoolers and Kindergarten
A simple craft activity to decorate a Christmas tree or use it as the front of a Christmas card decoration, low-prep and personalized. Great Christmas tree activity for Kindergarten or Preschool.
This Christmas cut and paste craft uses a creative Christmas tree template that the students can color in, cut and paste to make a unique design.
Let your students unleash their creativity as they decorate a Christmas tree with the Christmas ornaments of their choosing.
A color version is also provided. You can easily use this template to create personalized Christmas cards.
The simple geometric shapes with dotted lines make this a fun Christmas math activity for PreK and Preschool. Great time to practice scissors skills!
Save this Christmas Tree Craftivity idea on Pinterest:
You might like: Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Elf on the Shelf
Preschool: Practice scissors skills using the dotted lines with geometric shapes
Kindergarten: Extend the activity by writing a little message for Mum, Dad, Grandparents, or anyone!
► HOW TO MAKE AN EASY AND BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS TREE-THEMED CARD:
- Select the elements that you want to use in your card’s design from the Christmas tree template (download at the bottom of this page).
- Color your selections with markers, color pencils, watercolors, or whatever you like.
- * Optional: Color the background of your Christmas scene on the piece of paper where you want to paste your design.
- Cut out your illustrations and paste them on a piece of card-stock (or any paper, really). An adult’s help might be useful for this step.
- Your personalized design is done! Now write something nice for the person that will receive the card.
Click here to Follow my TpT store and catch new products at a reduced price for the first 48H.
► Why is this resource useful?
Beyond helping your Christmas season art project planning, here are more reasons why this resource will bring you good value:
- Ideas of Christmas activities that can be also a Preschool Christmas craft gift to make for parents.
- Christmas Maths craft activity (geometry) that uses simple shapes to outline each element to be cut-out.
- Christmas holiday craft that works well as a simple early finishers activity.
- Use this Christmas Craftivity as a Christmas card
- Good for planning preschool activities winter season.
- Great for a quick low-prep cut and paste Christmas project that doesn’t require much material or time to get done.
- Writing Christmas as Holiday cards to work on writing skills.
- Add to your bank of Christmas resources for low-prep time-fillers.
- Christmas cutting practice: A Christmas craft kindergarten, preschool and Prek students can use to practice scissors skills (classic fine motor skills activities).
- A fantastic Christmas project for preschoolers for practicing pencil grip and fine motor skills.
- Paper crafts for the art center that can be made with simple materials.
- Good addition to your collection of winter holiday activities.
- One of the winter crafts kindergarten can do before going on Holiday.
- Toddler activities that work well in multi-generational classrooms.
- Include in your Preschool Christmas activities
► CHRISTMAS CLASSROOM DECORATION TIPS
- Put lights on a Christmas tree in the classroom and decorate with the student’s cards (you can add these elf crafts too!)
- Display the student’s Christmas trees as decorations for winter bulletin board
► Other teachers are also loving:
- Elf on the shelf craft
- Christmas Craftivities: Santa craft, Reindeer craft and Snowman craft
- DIY Christmas Card: Color-in, Cut and Paste
List of Christmas Tree Activities for Preschoolers:
Here’s a curated collection of crafts and activities around the Christmas Tree theme that you could use as well:
Creative Christmas Tree Arts and Crafts Ideas for Kids by i-Heart Crafty Things
Easy Christmas Tree Crafts Ideas for toddlers and preschoolers by Sharing Our Experiences
Christmas Trees Printable Activities and Worksheets by First-School.ws
30+ Christmas Tree Crafts and Activities for Kids by Fun-a-Day
Christmas Tree Crafts by DLTK Kids
Option 1 (Teachers Pay Teachers account required)
Option 2 (Gumroad – no account required)
► WHAT’S INCLUDED
The download includes one zip file with the following PDFs high resolution (A4 paper size):
- 1 PDF Color version: 1 Christmas tree sheet, 1 Christmas decorations sheet
- 1 PDF Black and white: 1 Christmas tree sheet, 1 Christmas decorations sheet
- BONUS: 1 PDF Christmas Coloring sheet (black and white)
* Please see the preview file before purchasing.
Like these ideas?
* Quick Note * My beloved email friends get all the newest printables and ideas once a month, right in their inbox!
Sign up here for that list